John Henry’s has been servicing the Live Music and Television industry for over 40 years.
We are one of the major entertainment industry service and equipment suppliers for Private Events, TV, Festivals, Touring Artists, Venues and Promoters from our base in Central London.
Incorporating a vast and varied inventory, we are constantly growing to meet the demands of our clients and a leader in the industry today.
We are always looking out for potential new candidates to join our various departments.
Current positions open for application:
Pro Shop Sales Assistant
Full-Time Position - Mon-Fri - 40 hour week
Situated in a 5000sq ft showroom on our top floor lies the world famous and original Pro Shop.
Offering everything from tour supplies to new and used equipment sales. Alongside specialist and custom equipment including flightcases, drumheads and sticks.
We are looking to add a new member to our Sales team. Sales experience is mandatory for all applicants.
Purpose of Position:
To provide a first class sales service to our clients – technicians, production and tour managers, professional musicians as well as support to a team of rental managers and their departments working on a diverse range of projects in a fast-paced, busy company, with the pressures of deadlines from live gigs, TV & Radio shows and tours.
Successful applicant will be the key sales person and assist in the running of the Pro Shop and its store front located in the London main HQ.
• A good all-round knowledge of musical accessories, instruments and equipment is essential. A good knowledge of Pro Audio equipment is preferred. A willingness to learn.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook. Ability to be trained on database/stock management software programme (TBS).
• A polite and presentable person, with good literacy/numeracy skills, a confident phone manner and the ability to work calmly under pressure and work to deadlines.
• Ability to manage stock control / inventory and liaise with suppliers. Managing cash and credit card sales.
• Assisting with the preparation of jobs/projects for invoicing. Co-ordinating with the transport manager with regard to deliveries and courier services, both local and international.
• A willingness to be flexible on hours – ie there may be occasions where overtime is required on evenings / weekends.
• Other task and project work within the competences of the post-holder, as required.
The position requires the applicant to be pro-active, organised, tidy with attention to detail and a methodical approach to tasks.
The job responsibilities include:
• General Sales (Till work and credit card transactions)
• Dealing with customer enquiries & rehearsal studio customers
• Preparing orders & sending them out to customers
• Stock checking
• Re-ordering stock
• Dealing with endorsees
• Taking in deliveries & entering items into stock
• Filing purchase orders & distributors billing
Please apply with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org